Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dennis C Workman MD
Dr. Dennis C Workman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alpharetta, GA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Dennis C Workman has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Dennis C Workman has the following 12 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dennis C Workman - Posted on April 20th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dennis C Workman - Posted on October 13th, 2012
First do no harm is not a rule he follows when working for Magellen. Denying care based on a recipe book without all the ingredients is caring first for the insurer. Denying admission for detoxing individuals causes harm in many ways, first and foremost pushing people back into the street looking for relief.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dennis C Workman - Posted on July 16th, 2010
This physician's bottom line is money, not ethics.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dennis C Workman - Posted on March 9th, 2009
46 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Dennis C Workman Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Dennis C Workman's office for more information.
2550 Northwinds Pkwy Ste 300 Alpharetta, GA : (770) 753-2243
Locations & DirectionsDENNIS C WORKMAN MD, 2550 Northwinds Pkwy Ste 300, Alpharetta, GA
Dr. Dennis C Workman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Alpharetta, GA.