Dr. Denzil Seedial Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Denzil Seedial?

Poor patient care

Posted on September 29th, 2016

Patient care and communication are seriously lacking in this practice. Patients are not top priority.

First, Do No Harm!!!

Posted on June 26th, 2016

If you need a pulmonologist and are thinking about going to Dr. Denzil Seedial I would think twice. Doctors take the Hippocratic Oath, which is, “First do no harm.” This doctor doesn’t care about his oath or his patients. Let me tell you why … My mom was seen by Dr. Seedial, by no choice of her own, at Palms West Hospital. She had two very large blood clots in each of her lungs. We were very scared and nervous about this. She could not breath on her own. On her last day at the hospital when she was being released to rehab, still on oxygen, she was seen by Dr. Seedial. Dr. Seedial came in and told my mom that he did not want her walking. Maybe my mom should have said something to her nurse before being released to rehab but I would think Dr. Seedial would have reported that to the nurse … seems pretty important. You are going to a rehab center to walk and exercise and get back on your feet. When my mom got to rehab she told me what Dr. Seedial said so I reported it to the unit nurse. From there the rehab center tried and tried to get the doctor to release her. When I called Palms West he hadn’t released her. I called Dr. Seedial’s office a left two messages … no return call. 5 days my mom laid in the bed at the rehab center when finally Dr. Seedials office told the rehab center that he would not sign off and he would not tell her to walk until she is seen in his office. Fair enough but now that appointment wasn’t going to be for 11 more days – unreal!!! The doctor at the rehab center intervened because not walking for another 11 days now on top of the recovery time from surgery and the 5 days there could be detrimental to her life. What it all boils down to is that we aren’t medical people. We are relying on the medical institutions, doctors and nursed to guide us. For my mom to be in a life or death situation. Her family not knowing what to do. We needed guidance from the doctor who put a stop on her progress. We were scared, my mom was scared and obviously the rehab didn’t want her doing anything. I am outraged by this doctors lack of compassion and concern for his patient. I think it’s disgusting and despicable that he didn’t or wouldn’t even give us a courtesy call. She was his patient – who does he think he is … God? If you are considering Dr. Seedial, please, think again. First, Do No Harm!!

Avoid Medical Specialist of the Palm Beaches if you can.

Posted on January 23rd, 2014

This doctor works for MSPB. This group signs up a bunch of doctors, probably over one hundred in the area in different specialties spread all over Palm Beach County and probably further south as well. I had problems with his office in Pulmonology and also a year ago with another specialty office of MSPB. They were separate offices but both in Lake Worth, FL next to the hospital. The staff was really rude and unprofessional in both offices. If you are late to an appointment, even 10 minutes, they will not take you. I have never heard of another doctor's office do that for just 10 minutes(maybe 20 or 30 minutes). I once got caught in the pouring rain (wasn't raining when I left) and a trip normally 25 minutes, took me 35 minutes and they refused to take me and were very rude about it even when I explained way. But what is odd is that it isn't just the receptionist that is rude, but all the office staff is rude (except the medical professionals, nurses, doctors). To travel 35 minutes in the pouring rain and soaking wet and meeting an office of rude people didn't go over very well with me. So after a wasted trip, I had to travel 35 minutes back in the rain. The office manager would never return my calls. Another time I asked for directions because their address was not on the map and the appointment taker was very rude and kept interrupting me as if it was a crime to take more than 30 seconds of his time and talking down to me like I was stupid (I have multiple degrees). So when I asked to speak to his manager, he decided to be even more rude as if he was letting me know that my complaint will be disregarded. The office manager, a completely different one from the last, also would not return my calls. They seem to have a no care attitude with patients. Actually so far in 10 years of going to doctors in South Florida, the only offices I have had problems with were with this group. I went to a third doctor and their staff seemed really up tight sort of like they really hated their job. I found out they were part of the same group (not surprised). My experiences with three of there offices might not represent all of the offices but considering how many of the stuff were rude, it appears to be a culture with that group. My guess is that they don't intend to hire rude people but that they are just a cheap low pay outfit that has poor staff because they get what they pay for. If you find other doctors not part of this group, I would suggest using them first because my experiences with other doctors in the area has been quite good. Even though their office staff that report to their main office are not the medical professionals treating you, I don't want to be around people who will just ruin my day, put me in a bad mood, or make my life more difficult.

NYC quality Doctor

Posted on October 24th, 2012

Dr. Seedial not only is highly educated and knowlegeable in his field, he is compassionate, kind, and an excellent listener. I am so fortunate to have discovered him

Posted on October 13th, 2009

Dr. Seedial has amazing bedside manner. He spends as much time with you as you need and calmly answers all questions. I wish all my doctors were as caring and communicative.

Posted on July 3rd, 2017