Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Deon W Vigilance
Dr. Deon W Vigilance, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Darby, PA. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. Deon W Vigilance has the following 3 specialties
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
Dr. Deon W Vigilance has the following 11 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Varicose Veins
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Women's Health
- Diabetes Complications
- Vascular Malformations
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Heart Transplantation
Dr. Deon W Vigilance has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 5
19 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsDarby Anesthesia Associates Inc, 1500 Lansdowne Ave, Darby, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Deon W Vigilance, MD - Vascular Surgery in Darby, PA, in this video.
Dr. Deon W Vigilance is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Darby, PA.