Get the facts about seasonal allergies, including the different types, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Derald E Brackmann
Dr. Derald E Brackmann, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 56 years of experience. His specialties include Otolaryngology. Dr. Brackmann is affiliated with Good Samaritan Hospital and Usc Keck Hospital. Dr. Brackmann has received 6 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Derald E Brackmann has the following 1 specialty
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
- Facial Paralysis
- Neurofibromatosis 2
- Cerebrospinal Fluid Otorrhea
- Hearing Loss
- Facial Nerve Injuries
- Facial Trauma
- Swallowing Disorders
- Facial Nerve Diseases
- Eardrum surgery (Tympanoplasty)
- Ear Diseases
- Ear Surgery (Otologic Surgical Procedures)
- Smell Disorders
- Auditory Tumor (Acoustic Neuroma)
- Meniere's Disease
- Middle Ear Infection (Otitis Media)
- Hearing Disorders
- Vestibular Diseases
- Vestibulocochlear Nerve Diseases
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Cochlear Implantation
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Deviated Septum
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 48
Heavyhanded. Got irritated with me for screaming out in pain and crying during an ear cleaning. I have had this done by many different doctors so i know the difference between a light and heavy hand. kept getting confused about my medical details, come to find out the the MRI and CT scan were lost by the office and they have no record of them! These were vital pieces of the puzzle in coming to an accurate diagnoses of my condition and he said that he went over them with a radiologist but again there are no records. He said i was "fine" when i was unable to function due to extreme discomfort, fullness, bloody drainage and dizzyness. an incorrect diagnosis as i found out a few weeks later from another Dr. that i have a recurrence of cholesteatoma and definitely need surgery, which is what i suspected all along. So glad i found another Dr.
Dr Brackmann is amazing! You really are in the best hands if you need surgery of any kind! He is the best there is! I am a nurse myself and can say he's surgically the best person you can find and also the kindest! He truly cares about his patients and is genuinely concerned about his patients ...I just wish all surgeons were like him. Yes you sometimes have to wait for your appointment but that's because he doesn't rush you if you have questions-he explains what needs to be done and answers any questions you might have!
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2015, 2011, 2016, 2010, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2012, 2014, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016, 2015, 2014)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Brackmann is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
56 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1962
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Derald E Brackmann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHouse Ear Clinic Inc, 2100 W 3rd St Ste 111, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Derald E Brackmann in this video.
Dr. Derald E Brackmann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.