Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Derek G Chung has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Derek G Chung has the following 10 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Weight Loss
Dr. Derek G Chung has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
Dr Chung is a good Doctor, unfortunately with arrogant front desk staff. The office has no compassion and does not attend to basic issue and his staff has full control of his practice. It is my impression that his office Manager will destroy his practice in the near future. He is not aware of the lack of compassion that his patients receive over the phone. My impression is that , at some point i truly believe his front desk people have worked in government office and should not be in the medical business. Good Dr with a good heart , but poor vision and staffing.
This doctor is excellent with his bedside manner. He takes time but sometimes to much time with his patients. I have waited for 4 hours. He is a great doctor so I keep coming back. He needs more staff or better staff. He was looking through my folder and couldn't find anything. Nothing was in order. His secretary spends to much time on the phone. The files should be indexed, in order, something to help the visit go smoothly. The doctor flipping back and forth thru the file trying to find the right paperwork. He is a great doctor and I love him much, but that does not change the fact that he is so out of order.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
34 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Brooklyn Hospital Center
Dr. Derek G Chung accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDerek G Chung Md, 3810 Avenue L, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Derek G Chung is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.