Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Derek G Desouza
Dr. Derek G Desouza, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Livonia, MI. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Desouza is affiliated with Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital and Beaumont Hospital - Dearborn, Oakwood Campus. Dr. Desouza has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Derek G Desouza has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Derek G Desouza has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Derek G Desouza has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 27
Dr. Derek Desouza, has always allowed me to ask him a question at the hospital and if he could not give me the time or the information I needed he would let me know I needed to make an appointment. He always has a smile for you. He explains everything about his diagnose. I always appreciated him letting me know about how long it would take an illness to improve, and when he needed to see me back in the office.
I have been with Dr. De Souza for many years. He makes me feel comfortable and confident with any issues that I bring up. I appreciate that he lets me explain what is wrong without feeling rushed and is not too aggressive but just aggressive enough. I feel that we talk about issues together and come up with a plan together. He is a wonderful doctor and I would recommend him to anyone.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Desouza is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Derek G Desouza accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFreedom Medical Clinic Pc, 20206 Farmington Rd, Livonia, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Derek G Desouza, MD - Internal Medicine in Livonia, MI, in this video.
Dr. Derek G Desouza is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Livonia, MI.