The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Derek A Dubay MD
Dr. Derek A Dubay has 2 locations
Dr. Derek A Dubay has the following 1 specialty
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Showing 5 of 9
Large Hepatic Cyst Removed
Self-verified patient of Dr. Derek A Dubay - Posted on August 14th, 2018
Case manager RMCAnniston, al
Self-verified patient of Dr. Derek A Dubay - Posted on July 25th, 2018
Liver transplant Feb 2nd 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Derek A Dubay - Posted on August 15th, 2015
His personality was great , all my family loves him . It really touched me when he ask could he pray with me before surgery.We would always look forward to him walking in my room .He is a great Dr. I would recommend him to anyone. I loved his since of humor he would always take up time with my family and to me that is important at a time like that . I believe he is a true man of God.
He saved my life!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Derek A Dubay - Posted on October 28th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Derek A Dubay - Posted on April 14th, 2012
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
20 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Derek A Dubay, MD in Charleston, SC, in this video.
Dr. Derek A Dubay is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Charleston, SC.