Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Derek M Fine has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Lupus Nephritis
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- AIDS-Associated Nephropathy
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Fine lives up to his name. He personally encouraged me to have a kidney transplant, assisted me with procedures and schedules, and dispelled my fears. the successful surgery was almost one year ago and he continues supervising my medication and lab work, also consulting regularly with my internist. I cannot recommend him highly enough.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
24 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Derek M Fine accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohns Hopkins Hospital, 1800 Orleans St, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Derek M Fine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.