- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Derek P Gong has 3 locations
Dr. Derek P Gong has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Derek P Gong has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program (2019)
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Derek P Gong Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Derek P Gong
Welcome to My Doctor Online, a web site that my colleagues and I developed to make it easier for you to take care of your healthcare needs. On this site you will find answers to many of your questions about my clinical practice. Also included are several online features that will allow you to e-mail me, check your laboratory results and refill prescriptions. I hope you find its content informative and useful. Background I started my journey into Medicine after graduating from UC Berkeley with a major in Psychology. I spent about 8 years working as a computer supervisor and billing specialist to get some real life exposure before applying to medical school. I was taken to the fine city of Chicago for my medical school training, working in Cook County Hospital and Rush Universities Hospital. After graduating, I returned to California and trained in one of 8 centers in California which has an Internal Medicine/Pediatric combined training program: USC LA County Medical Center. After my training I worked with community clinics in Oxnard, Fillmore, Ventura and most recently at the Russian River Health Clinic in Guerneville. I have now found myself here with the Kaiser Permanente Medical Group in the beautiful Sonoma County(good to be back in Northern California). I have completed the required training and exams to be board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine as well as the American Board of Pediatrics. I am comfortable treating the very young and the very old. I do not do women's health as I felt that this is a specialty in and of itself.