Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Derek B Hamblin MD
Dr. Derek B Hamblin has 2 locations
3115 E Florence Dr
Meridian, ID 83642
Dr. Derek B Hamblin has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Derek B Hamblin has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Derek B Hamblin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Derek B Hamblin - Posted on December 11th, 2015
Very knowledgeable, seems to take a genuine interest not only in my medical issues, but also with how they affect my day to day quality of life. Asks questions and then listens to the answer, which is unlike many other docs. He's actually called me at home to personally follow up on issues. Te only big downside is his support staff. The people at the desk are a hit and a miss as far as being attentive or helpful is concerned. His nursing staff is in the same boat. His current nurse isn't very bright and doesn't seem to be able to accurately convey information from patients to him, so make sure you go over everything with him a second time. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Derek B Hamblin - Posted on July 15th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Derek B Hamblin - Posted on February 16th, 2015
Best doctor around
Self-verified patient of Dr. Derek B Hamblin - Posted on April 14th, 2011
Every chance we get my husband and I recommend Dr. Hamblin to everyone we know. Couldn't ask for a kinder and more knowledgeable doctor. And if he cannot give you an honest answer he will always find someone who can. It's hard to find a doctor who is willing to take the time to sit down and listen to you, and who will also act on what you are telling them. Hamblin has been our doctor for well over 5 years and wouldn't trade him.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Derek B Hamblin - Posted on January 1st, 2011
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
24 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
United States Air Force Base Hospital
Dr. Derek B Hamblin Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross Idaho
- Blue Cross ID PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Summit
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
Locations & Directions
Dr. Derek B Hamblin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Meridian, ID.