Have you seen Dr. Derek H Ohlstein?

Dr Derek Ohlstein Took My Money And Ruined My Vision

My name is Barry Cohen and I had my cataracts surgery on both eyes performed at Saint Lucie Eye Associates. I am sorry to say that for me it was a horrible experience! My original doctor there and the doctor that did my cataracts surgery on both eyes was Dr Derek Ohlstein. Since I make my living online I paid many thousands of dollars extra on top of the regular surgery cost to have multi-focal lenses implanted into my eyes because I was assured by Dr Ohlstein that with these lenses I would be able to see well at both distances for driving while also being able to read normal small type fonts both online and in reading materials such as in books, magazines and on labels. All Without Glasses! This is the bottom line! During the surgery the FEMTO laser that they used to cut loose my eyes lenses, misfired or was not set properly as it left my right eye with a permanent blur spot in my field of vision. Also both implant lenses were the wrong prescription because I now have to wear glasses all of the time to be able to read normal small print both online, while reading books, magazines and on labels. I can see distances ok but its even better with the glasses on. Dr Channon the senior doctor took over and tried what I feel was his absolute best to improve my vision with stents and a YAG laser surgery. I appreciate Dr Channon's attempts to help better my vision but it simply did not help. This is when the practice gave me a pair of glasses and told me that this is the best they could do. They also offered me $1,600.00 back that equaled the cost of the screwed up FEMTO laser treatment for one eye! (My Right Eye) However they said that if I accepted the money I would have to sign Hold Harmless agreements and a Disparagement release so I could not litigate Saint Lucie Eye Associates or tell this story! Needless to say I refused the money! I am now left with poor vision that impairs my ability to work online and often gives me headaches because its still a strain to read even with the glasses on. No amount of money can buy back my now screwed up vision and how my ongoing poor vision makes me feel every single day! These are the reasons I am not happy with my experience with Saint Lucie Eye Associate

Great Eye Doctor!

Dr. Ohlstein is extremely knowledgeable and took the time to explain everything about my eye exam. I felt very confident with him and will recommend him to anyone!

Great Doctor Great staff

Very satisfied with my eye exam with Dr. Ohlstein. The office girls were very friendly and helpful, especially Debbie in the glasses department.

Very Happy with Eye Docotr

I am very happy with my eye care with Dr.Ohlstien. He is really knowledgeable about glaucoma and cataracts and medications.

Great eye doc...easy to understand, easy to talk to, knows his stuff

Cataract Doctor

Dr. Ohlstein is a very competent, professional cataract doctor who uses specialty lens implants and laser assisted cataract surgery. I would highly recommend him and the staff at St. Lucie Eye Associates !

GREAT EYE DOC

What I appreciated most about my eye appointment with Dr. Ohlstein was the time he took with me and didn't seem rushed.

Great Eye Doctor

I felt like Dr. Ohlstein and his techs took time to really get to know me and my eyes. He is a very knowledgeable eye doctor and I would not hesitate to recommend him to family and friends.

I can see better than ever after my catsract

Took time to explain options. I am so happy with my laser cataract surgery.

Dr. Derek H Ohlstein is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fort Pierce, FL.