- Yale New Haven Hospital
- Milford Hospital Inc
- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Derek S Shia MD
Dr. Derek S Shia, MD is a doctor primarily located in Branford, CT, with other offices in North Haven, CT and Hamden, CT( and 2 other locations). They have 17 years of experience. Their specialties include Orthopedic Adult Reconstructive Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Derek S Shia has 4 locations
ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS
ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS
Dr. Derek S Shia has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Derek S Shia has the following 14 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
17 Years Experience
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Derek S Shia Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Derek S Shia