Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Deren D Huang MD
Dr. Deren D Huang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Akron, OH, with another office in Westerville, OH. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Huang is affiliated with Marymount Hospital, Western Reserve Hospital and Wooster Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Deren D Huang has 2 locations
701 White Pond Dr Ste 300
Akron, OH 44320
Book Online Now
Dr. Deren D Huang has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Deren D Huang has the following 9 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deren D Huang - Posted on July 29th, 2016
He does a great job of explaining things and is extremely on top of treatment options. He does MS and only MS. Not only is he good but those that work with him are great.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deren D Huang - Posted on May 17th, 2016
The worst experience.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deren D Huang - Posted on November 2nd, 2015
After having multiple office visits, I was continuously strung along, asked the same questions over and over again and told to google my diagnosis. I asked what the plan was and I was told to google it. Google?? I hadn't realized that I could learn to be a doctor based off google. Dr. Huang is very cynical, and does not spend time answering questions, he is very impatient and is does not take the time to explain anything let alone procedures. Promptly left that office, will be following up with a neurologist that actually has a bedside manner.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deren D Huang - Posted on July 16th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deren D Huang - Posted on May 14th, 2015
Dr. Huang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Russian State Medical University
Graduated in 1986
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Dr. Deren D Huang Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Deren D Huang is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Akron, OH.