Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Derrick C Williams has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Derrick C Williams has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Derrick C Williams has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
I was looking for a new main doctor as my old doctor who i loved had left Aspen to work full time at a hospital. I went in for an establish care appointment (which should be 40 min) and he spent a whole 2 minutes in the room and asked nothing about me. He left no notes in the appointment summary. When i talked to him he seemed inattentive and acted like he couldn't care less about me or what i had to say. I would definitely not recommend him to anybody. I was also getting prescribed an anti anxiety medication for the last 4 years and i just needed a doctor to continue my prescription. he said he would only do so if i make a appointment with a psychologist. This is fine but he never asked why i take it, experiences with it or anything. it was just, talk to a psychologist, im not dealing with it.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
23 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1995
Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Dr. Derrick C Williams accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAspen Urgent Care, 1020 Bandana Blvd W, Saint Paul, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Derrick C Williams in this video.
Dr. Derrick C Williams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Paul, MN.