Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Desha A Frankel has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Desha A Frankel has the following 10 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 44
The staff is MEAN and will run you away from here. They do not even know how to set up services or any help outside of their office. The Dr is nice and I liked him but from the start the staff was terrible and you will suffer and maybe die with the mistakes the staff. Go there makes.at your own risk
I have been going to this Dr. for 15 years. I thought he used to be wonderful, but I never had any issues that needed follow up. He has become very money hungry and will even lie to make you have more procedures. I wanted to have a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy at the same time and he insisted they had to be done separately because of my insurance company. After speaking with several other doctors and my insurance company, I found this is a complete lie - he only wants to make twice the money doing them separately. Unfortunately, I had severe pain after my endoscopy, along with a fever. I left seven messages with the nurses over a 2 week period, and also 3 e-mails to the doctor. I actually had to self-diagnose my problem via the internet, that the pain was due to a reaction to the medication he had prescribed. One phone call would have made me feel better and with less anxiety. When I went back two weeks later from my follow up and told him about it, he was very cocky and said "well, you're better now." This man is so money-hungry and uncaring. I will never, ever recommend that anybody see this doctor.
Dr. Frankel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1982
Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
Dr. Desha A Frankel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Value Network HMO NV Only
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
One Health Network
- One Health Network
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence S NV - Universal Health Network PPO Employer
- Prominence Southern Nevada - HMO Employer Sponsored
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDesha Aaron Frankel Md, 1040 Wigwam Pkwy Ste 110, Henderson, NV
Dr. Desha A Frankel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Henderson, NV.