Dr. Desmond Mcguire Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Desmond Mcguire?

Posted on July 5th, 2016

Dr. McGuire is an outstanding retinal specialist. I credit him for saving my husband's eyesight after experiencing a detached retina. Five star ratings for everything!

Posted on July 20th, 2015

This doctor is the complete package. He is smart, totally honest with diagnosis,has a great bedside manner and sympathetic with his patients. He also has Hollywood looks. I'm so glad I was referred to him.

Posted on July 28th, 2012

Arrogant, rude and extremely unprofessional. He never read the reports or the medical history. He refused to take the time to answer any questions and had no concept of how to deal with an elderly patient. He was so insulting that we walked out.

Mr Rock Star

Posted on July 19th, 2012

Dr. McGuire put my fears to bed with the first appointment I had with him. He scheduled me for surgery two days later and was successful in restoring my vision. I can't recommend him more highly!

Not as professional as expected

Posted on May 15th, 2012

Arrogant attitude. Expedient. Non- responsive to some questions.Did not read previous surgery reports relevant to case. Evidently qualified for posterior chamber surgeries, but attempted an anterior lens replacement which was supposed to be a 45 minute general surgery and due to not reading previous surgery reports ran into problems. Surgery took 2.5 hours and patient woke up on table after 1 hour. Post surgery examinations by 3 other surgeons diagnosis demanded immediate removal of badly implanted lens and damage to eye requiring 4 additional surgeries. Not recommended! Office staff disjointed and incompetent.

Posted on August 21st, 2011

I found Dr. McGuire to be a competent physician, HOWEVER, the front office and billing dept. failed. The billing dept. incorrectly billed our insurance...refused to contact our insurance to resolve the issue. The front office refused to intervene. In the end while we had PPO insurance to cover this procedure, without notifying us they turned the claim over to a collection agency. Our next step is small claims court. Do not get involved with this dysfunctional office.

Judge and Mrs. Jonathan Cannon

Posted on August 12th, 2010

We are grateful our paths crossed with Dr. McGuire..he has helped us manage a difficult vision problem with his expertise and wisdom...we are very appreciative...

Posted on April 24th, 2009