Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Destin R Black
Dr. Destin R Black, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Shreveport, LA. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology. Dr. Black is affiliated with Willis-Knighton South & The Center for Women's Health. Dr. Black has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Destin R Black has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I LOVE Dr Black. She is very personable and genuinely cares about her patients. She is very knowledgeable in gynecological issues. I was referred to her by my former doctor who was unable to remove all of my cancer. Dr. Black removed it all in one surgery. I have never found a doctor that I put any faith in or trusted must. None of them ever seemed to really care. Until Dr Black. I have total confidence in her. I actually look forward to my appointments with her. I cannot say enough good things about her. She is just awesome. I am so thankful to have been referred to her.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Black is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1999
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Destin R Black accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGynecologic Oncology Associates, 2600 Kings Hwy Ste 420, Shreveport, LA
Dr. Destin R Black is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shreveport, LA.