More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Deval B Patel has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Chest Pain
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
My daughter was sick and diagnosed with an ear infection by our pediatrician but not gettin better so I took her to Wolfson Children's Hospital. The ER doctor told me the same think and admitted us, but when we got to the floor Dr Patel examined my daughter and said she was worried about meningitis. She did the spinal tap in the middle of the night and sure enogh my daughter had meningitis!!! dr Patel immediately stated the antibiotics . The infectious disease Doctor who came and saw us the next day said that if Dr Patel had not started the treatment when she did my daughter would have been a lot sicker. She saved my daughter's life and I thank God for her. I am just sad she doesn't have a private practice so She could be our pediatrician.
Forgot to perform a Urine test to my daughter!!This is a BASIC step!! as part of a regular physical examination in a patient.... in a RECURRENT UTI female patient!!! You must know THAT!!!!!You Misdiagnosed.... was a UTI!!And now I am paying thousands of dollars for 6 days of hospitalization!!!! Wolfson Childrens Baptist Hospital.Just a few 5 o 8 minutes talking with me!And I HAD TO REQUEST (day #5)BY MYSELF THE URINE TEST FOR MY DAUGHTER because she was in pain! And... voila!!! The "rare illness" was a recurrent UTI!!!!
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Florida Health
Dr. Deval B Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana HMO Premier
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNemours Childrens Specialty Care, 807 Childrens Way, Jacksonville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Deval B Patel in this video.
Dr. Deval B Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.