Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Devang M Savani has the following 3 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chest Infection
- Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
About a year ago, I brought my son to the emergency room because he wasn't feeling well. They checked him out and diagnosed he had double pnuemonia. They gave him antibiotics and wanted him to stay in the hospital for a day or two. We received a phone call from the hospital stating he was in ICU with rapid heart beat. This is when Dr Savani became our son's critical care specialist. At first Savani seemed to know what he was doing. His recommendation was intubation. Said it would give the antibiotics a chance to work better. He said a week to ten days. My wife and I went there every day, expecting to see Savani but we didn't see him. When we did see him, we asked how our son was doing and would get an arrogant reply back from him, like we were challenging his doctoring. He had our son paralyzed by week three when he finally removed him off intubation. Six weeks after entering the hospital, our son was pronounced dead. I do blame Savani for this. His bedside manner is horrible and his diagnosis of our son's condition was not the right one. I would not recommend this doctor.
I was admittied to Chapman Medical in Orange after having comlication with breathing as a result of bronchitis. I have a history of chemo and radiation therapy which have scarred my lungs which makes me more succeptable to acquire pneumonia and bronchitis. He refused to do a CT scan. Refused to do pulmonary function tests and blamed my problem on smoking andd that I must have copd. All this with no testing and research. He was rude and did NOTHING for me. The reason I'm writing this is because 2 months later my fiance had to call 911 because my oxygen level reached 70 which is life threatening and I couldn't breathe. This time saw a different pulmonary specialist and he did all the tests and resesarch. He asked me if I had Bleomycin in my chemo therapy. I replied yes and said that this drug causes damage to the lungs and along with the radiation, I have fibrosis in my lungs. He nailed it and now I'm on a path for therapy that will allow me to live a normal life. Dr. Savani should not be practicing medicine. He's just in it for a paycheck and doesn't care about his patients at all! Without my second visit with a REAL doctor, who knows how long I'd live. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.
I am sure that Dr. Savani is a skilled physician and I don't doubt his medical knowledge. That being said, I don't think I have ever met another doctor with a more horrific bedside manner. He literally yelled at both my Mother and I in the ICU unit where my Father lay dying. He refused to speak to more than one family member and frankly, he should not be practicing until he learns to treat his patients and their families in a more humane and caring manner. My family and I have been through years of hospital care with a gravely ill family member. We have been from USC to Chapman to St Jude's and St Joseph's and have had wonderful and amazingly caring doctors and we feel blessed to have had much of the care that we have received. Dr. Savani was not one of those doctors and made our experience with him painful and unnecessarily unpleasant. No one should ever have to deal with anyone like this when they are the customer and they are dealing with a critically ill loved one. He should be ashamed of his behavior.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
- Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Devang M Savani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Devang M Savani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Placentia, CA.