Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Devina Shah
Dr. Devina Shah, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL, with another office in Chicago, IL. She has 40 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine and General Practice. Dr. Shah is affiliated with South Shore Hospital, Advocate Hope Childrens Hospital and Advocate Trinity Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Devina Shah has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Devina Shah has the following 1 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Dr. Devina Shah has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
Very unprofessional as new patient I called one week before for my annual for papsmears I waited 1hr and 30munites plus my child was with me then she told me was not emergency I have to waits for another appointment I said what the point having a annual check up for today really is very inlogical. I am a medical assistant I know how it work at clinics but she have no heart for patients.
Dr. Shah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
South Shore Hospital
Advocate Hope Childrens Hospital
Advocate Trinity Hospital
Roseland Community Hospital
Jackson Park Hospital
40 Years Experience
Graduated in 1973
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Devina Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.