Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Devon K Addonizio MD
Dr. Devon K Addonizio, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. She speaks English.
Dr. Devon K Addonizio has 2 locations
210 E 64th St Fl 4
New York, NY 10065
Dr. Devon K Addonizio has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Devon K Addonizio has the following 11 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Devon K Addonizio is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
pt of LH Outpatient Center for Mental Health 2.5 years
Self-verified patient of Dr. Devon K Addonizio - Posted on September 6th, 2018
Poor diagnostician, poor judgement, abuse of power, and traumatically invalidating to patients. This doctor and my therapist were most likely cognitively biased and stuck in a group think rut. I was diagnosed with BPD instead of TBI. I had acute onset emotional dysregulation ~1 month s/p TBI at the age of 49. My medical records were falsified to fit the DSM-IV criterion for BPD, even though the only diagnostic criteria that I had for BPD was emotional dysregulation. I still get flashbacks from the abuse I experienced by this doctor and the therapist.
Terrible service. Even worse psychiatrist
Self-verified patient of Dr. Devon K Addonizio - Posted on February 24th, 2015
My grandmother has gone to see this woman and has come back to me with complaints. She makes little eye contact, lacks compassion and rushes. My grandmother has come back in tears due to her visits with this psychiatrist. There is no reason for that. She arrived late to an appointment once and instead of telling her she couldn't be seen they left her last and made excuses. DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TI BE TREATED LIKE A HUMAN.
18 Years Experience
- Brown University
New York University
Dr. Devon K Addonizio Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Devon K Addonizio is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.