Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dexter Whittemore Jr MD
Dr. Dexter Whittemore Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Shakopee, MN, with other offices in Minneapolis, MN and Minneapolis, MN . He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Whittemore is affiliated with Abbott - Northwestern Hospital Inc. He speaks English.
Dr. Dexter Whittemore Jr has 3 locations
8085 Wayzata Blvd
Minneapolis, MN 55426
Book Online Now
Dr. Dexter Whittemore Jr has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Dexter Whittemore Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Whittemore is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Abbott - Northwestern Hospital Inc
47 Years Experience
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Graduated in 1966
Dr. Dexter Whittemore Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Dexter Whittemore Jr's office for more information.
327 Marschall Rd Shakopee, MN : (651) 769-6500
8441 Wayzata Blvd Minneapolis, MN : (651) 769-6300
8085 Wayzata Blvd Minneapolis, MN 55426
Locations & Directions
Dr. Dexter Whittemore Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shakopee, MN.