Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dhammika Ekanayake has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 16
This man answered TWO personal cell phone calls while delivering a cancer diagnosis to my mother! Then told her the wrong type of cancer and recommended NO treatment "because she is 80" despite the correct cancer that she has is 70 percent curable with surgery. Unbelievably incompetent medical practice.
He's an amazing doctor. He listen and gives positive feedback to me. He addresses all of my concerns and answers all of my questions. I like the fact that if I go to the hospital he will come and see me. His staff is OUTSTANDING, HUMBLE, CARING AND VERY RESPECTFUL!!! They're very helpful and prompt to make sure that all of my needs have been met and/or are taken care of. I would recommend this doctor to anyone and everyone!
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Ekanayake is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Colombo
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Dhammika Ekanayake accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAccess Health Care, 10045 Cortez Blvd Ste 110, Weeki Wachee, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dhammika Ekanayake in this video.
Dr. Dhammika Ekanayake is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Weeki Wachee, FL.