Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dhananjai J Menzies has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
Very hard to get an appointment with but easily reached through the hospitals mychart mail. Literally saved my life and that if my wife. Found out I had thickening of the heart which made my breathing a problem. Find out my wife had pericarditis and heart inflammation. Very to the point. But truly competent.
We cannot stand Bassett as an organization. Poor parking. Difficult access. Run by non medical white collar folk. But we drive from Hamilton to see this doctor. He is patient, looks us in the eye and tells us like it is. My husband was sent for heart bypass and within 2 months was in the ICU with all his bypasses failed. This young Indian doctor who we thought was a kid at first, saved my husbands life by putting a temporary heart pump and stents. I see him for my afib and my daughter sees him for blood pressure. I would cry if he leaves Bassett .
i usually look up US news for the best heart doctors and Dr. Menzies was not listed. But then, neither were the other guys within a 200-mile radius. I came across the NY state PCI database on a web search and decided to give Bassett a try as I live in Utica. They gave me an appointment with Dr. Menzies in Herkimer. I was diagnosed with left main disease on heart catheterization by him; my only complaint was tremendous tiredness. He did the procedure from my wrist and sent me for surgery the next day. He truly saved my life.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
22 Years Experience
Bj Medical College
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Dhananjai J Menzies accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBassett Medical Center, 1 Atwell Rd, Cooperstown, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dhananjai J Menzies in this video.
Dr. Dhananjai J Menzies is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cooperstown, NY.