Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dharm B Sinha has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Although Dr. Sinha has a thick Indian accent, he cares very much for his patients. Rarely he has an emergency that requires him to be upstairs in the Inpatient Psychiatric Ward but 99% of the time, I have always been treated with extreme courtesy and attentiveness. He has a good heart and works hard to care for his patients. I have read the reviews here and I believe that his accent may possibly give some patients the idea that he does not understand or care, but I have found that it is quite the opposite. I recommend him highly.
had to wait 45 min for a 15 min visit, he rushed me out of his office because he had something else to discuss with someone else, i also beleive he is not dx me correctly, he has me dx as depression, bipolar, anxiety, is giving me meds for suck condition when these are symptom of PTSD, also his accent is very thick and he is hard to understand esp when I have hearing difficulties due to firing guns while in service
I've been told that Dr. Sinha really cares about his patients and would be very upset if one of his patients died during his watch. He has a very strong Indian accent and I find that to be somewhat of a barrier to effective communication but otherwise I believe him to be a good doctor who does care about me.
45 Years Experience
Darbhanga Medical College
Graduated in 1973
Wm S Hall Psychiatric Institute - University South Carolina
Dr. Dharm B Sinha accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVeterans Affairs, 1 Freedom Way, Augusta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dharm B Sinha in this video.
Dr. Dharm B Sinha is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Augusta, GA.