Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dharma Alagaratnam MD
Dr. Dharma Alagaratnam, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Evergreen Park, IL. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Radiology. He speaks English.
Dr. Dharma Alagaratnam has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. Dharma Alagaratnam has the following 5 expertise
- PET Scan
- CT Scan
Dr. Dharma Alagaratnam is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
BEST DOCTOR EVER
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dharma Alagaratnam - Posted on July 30th, 2008
Dr. Dharma Alagaratnam Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Dharma Alagaratnam's office for more information.
2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park, IL : (708) 229-5651
Locations & DirectionsLITTLE COMPANY OF MARY HOSPITAL, 2800 W 95th St, Evergreen Park, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dharma Alagaratnam, MD - Diagnostic Radiology in Evergreen Park, IL, in this video.
Dr. Dharma Alagaratnam is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Evergreen Park, IL.