Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dharmarajan M Ramaswamy has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Dharmarajan M Ramaswamy has the following 14 expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Dr. Dharmarajan M Ramaswamy has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
I was very impressed with my visit today. The doctor listened and explained clearly my diagnosis. He did not seem to be in a hurry and was very thorough in his examination.
The last time I Saw doctor Ramaswamy laughed (had agrin on his face) @ me when I was explaining how much pain I am in, I began crying . I cancelled my next appointment. Now I am getting worse and can walk for no more than 30 minutes. I am in chronic pain 24/7. I am trapped in my body. I am sure he helps others, but I feel he just dislikes me.
Although Dr. Ramaswamy is a quiet man who seems to show little emotion, I believe he is an excellent physician. He is professional in every aspect and gets right down to business. (No chit chat). I trust his judgement and have a great respect for him. The only negative thing I have to say is that a couple of the office staff are rude in one of his offices, but the majority of them are kind and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Ramaswamy to others. I'd rather be treated by a quiet doctor who doesn't joke around with you then a doctor who does and doesn't know what he is doing. Thank you Dr. Ramaswamy.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
26 Years Experience
Coimbatore Medical College
Graduated in 1992
Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Center
Dr. Dharmarajan M Ramaswamy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare HMO CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCv Mehta Md Medical Corp, 949 Calhoun Pl Ste F, Hemet, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dharmarajan M Ramaswamy in this video.
Dr. Dharmarajan M Ramaswamy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hemet, CA.