Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Diane D Lee has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Diane D Lee has the following 9 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorders
Dr. Diane D Lee is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Lee is my Mom's doctor and we follow her for more than 3 years, she is very compassionate and a good listener and she doesn't make my mom concerns feel trivial as some Dr's do. When she sits and talks with us she gives undivided attention . Great Doctor, all my family love her, she make my Mom happy and make us happy.
I was referred by another doctor. I arrived 25 minutes early anticipating 1st visit paper work. After finishing their paper work the office assistant proceeded to ask all the same questions I had just answered on their questionaire. As she 'very slowly' entered my answers into the computer I started to get the feeling she was stalling for time. Dr Lee was there when her assistant was entering my answers and I saw the doctor leave the office. Another patient entered and got two words out when the office assistant cut her off very rudely. This happened 3 times, I was very upset with the assistant and the manner she was talking to this polite patient. On the patients 4th attempt to ask a question I cut off the assistants rudeness and told her to go ahead and help the other person, I didn't mind waiting. I was then put into an examining room with a window that overlooked the parking lot. At 50 minutes PAST my appointment time and still waiting for the doctor, I observed out the window Dr Lee getting out of her car with a boy around 10 years old I assumed was her son, and entered the building. Upon entering my exam room she said nothing except hello.In talking to Dr Lee I found it very frustrating, she seemed to have a hard time remembering things we had just discussed, I had to keep correcting her. I came away wondering how much she got wrong in her notes.There are many other unbelievable things that have happened with Dr Lee, I will not be going back to her. I am having my records transfered to another doctor.Do yourself a favor, find another doctor.
I was referred to Dr. Lee and she took me on short notice. At the time I thought it was a blessing, but after several months of being railroaded by her and her staff, it has been a curse. Your wait time at appointments is no less than 30 minutes. She hardly ever returns calls, unless you call her office several times. She's rude and her staff is clueless. Overall awful!!!
36 Years Experience
Sun Yat Sen University
Graduated in 1982
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Diane D Lee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDiane Di Lee Md, 400 Evelyn Ave Ste 224, Albany, CA
Dr. Diane D Lee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, CA.