Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Diana Bianchi
Dr. Diana Bianchi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Pediatrics and Medical Genetics. Dr. Bianchi is affiliated with Brigham & Women's Hospital, UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus and Holy Family Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Diana Bianchi has the following 3 specialties
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Medical Genetics
Geneticists are doctors with expertise in genetic or hereditary disorders. Many of the diseases we get are inherited, or passed on through the genes of our biological parents. These specialists study the biology behind a genetic disorder's origin, the traits that it presents in a patient and its pathway. This allows them to diagnose and treat each illness effectively.
- Fetal Diseases
- Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Bianchi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Brigham & Women's Hospital
UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus
Holy Family Hospital
Lawrence General Hospital
Boston Children's Hospital
Massachusetts General Hospital
Pulmonary Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
SMG St Elizabeth's Medical Center
Tufts Medical Center
Boston Medical Center
New England Rehab Hospital
New England Baptist Hospital
Lowell General Hospital
Holyoke Medical Center
Caritas St. Anne's Hospital
Rhode Island Hospital
Tufts Medical Center
Women & Infants
Cambridge Health Alliance-Somerville Campus
Women and Infants Hospital of RI
Kent County Hospital
South Shore Hospital
33 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Diana Bianchi accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTufts Medical Center, 800 Washington St, Boston, MA
Dr. Diana Bianchi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.