Dr. Diana Contreras Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Diana Contreras?

excellent doctor and surgeon.

Posted on September 1st, 2015

Very grateful

Posted on April 15th, 2014

I had a rare form of ovarian cancer and Dr. Contreras performed a complete abdominal hysterectomy, She informed me and my family what had to be done so they were aware of the situation. Her bedside manner is wonderful and besides being an excellent surgeon, she is kind,and empathetic, and I trust her completely.Her hands are a gift from God and she gave me a second chance

patient

Posted on October 28th, 2013

she tore my bladder during a surgery . she has no bedside manners . She does not care about her patients . go see someone else.

Posted on August 3rd, 2011

I went to Dr Contreras for further studies on some ovarian cysts i had. In the course of treatment with her over time I have found her to be an amazing doctor. She is smart, kind, takes her time with her patient and i feel im in excellent hands with her! if down the road i need surgery I just know it will be a success.... dr contreras is wonderful!!

Whats the Point of Being such a

Posted on May 6th, 2011

I was diagnosed with a large uterine fibroid. After being told in the ER that my fibroid is much larger than my GYN has assured me it was I no longer have faith in him and tried to make an appt with Dr Contreras. The person who answered the phone had an island accent and seemed friendly at first, when I asked to make an appt he wanted to know how I got her name and who referred me. When I explained that I searched my provider website and found her he seemed to accept that answer, and remained silent. When I asked to make an appt again he told me WHY DO I NEED TO SEE HER? I explained my diagnosis, taken a little aback at the difficulty of trying to make an appt with her. Is she part of some secret society that making an appointment with her has to have so many questions before you get my name and look for a date? Then I asked him if I specifically needed a referral and he said NO. So AGAIN I asked to make an appointment. For which he began in an impatient tone of voice to explain to me that That is not how you get to see her. My DR needs to send my information to her. AGAIN (I NOW BECAME IMPATIENT) I asked if I needed to have a referral and how could I have it sent to her. He said I did not need a referral. He put me on hold for 10 minutes then came back a bit calmer. I asked him what is it I need to do to see the Dr, he said I had to forward my records and if she LIKED THEM They would call me back. I asked if he was serious and he replied yes so I hung up. It is really ridiculous that a sick person has to go through interrogation when they are trying to get help. Dr. Contreras I am sure you are a good Dr but your staff does you and potential patients no favors.

Posted on October 2nd, 2010

patient since 2005. diagnosed immediately. excellent follow up care.

Posted on March 24th, 2010

i am writing as a nurse who cares for dr. contreras' patients after surgery and have given the ratings based on what i hear from her patients. dr. contreras is probably the most liked and respected of all the doctors that we work with on our floor. it is clear that she will do anything to help a patient no matter what their background is or their insurance. she follow the motto "if i have the ability to save a life, how can i not do so." she shows appreciation towards her staff members and takes their opinions and concerns very seriously. we all know that we can rely on her for anything. her patients do very well and we hardly ever see any complications. if i or one of my family members needed a gyn oncologist i would, without a doubt, go to dr. contreras!

patient

Posted on September 17th, 2009

when i was first diagnosed with cervical cancer,i was referred to Dr. Contreras and just like most people i googled her and had some negative feed back. although i still went to see her and I'm so happy that i did! she is very nice and took her time to explain everything to me and my family. she even drew pictures. so don't believe the reviews about the bad bedside manner because it is so not true! excellent doctor in my eyes! she took care of me and made sure that everything that needed to be done to me was! and I'm glad to say that i am cancer free thanks to her and all the dr's on her team!!!

Posted on March 11th, 2009

She helped save my life.

In great hands!

Posted on February 3rd, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Contreras by my GYN. She saw me within a week of my inital call. Looking back, I thought I waited too long until I realized that my referring GYN never sent my records to her and she wouldn't be able to see me without them. Once I saw her, she almost instantly set my mind at ease about having surgery. During my admission, she came to see me and managed my care. She took time to discuss things with me and my family. I could tell the hospital staff respected her. Everyone on the 8th Floor knew who she was. I followed up with her about a week after surgery and 6 weeks later and as they put it, I graduated from GYN/Oncology care and went back to my GYN. I would highly recommend this physician to anyone looking for a great GYN/Oncologist!!!

Do NOT go to this doctor

Posted on September 22nd, 2008

This was the worst doctor imagineable. She does whatever she wants and does not tell the patient what she is doing or why. A patient has the right to refuse treatment and to know what is going on. Her follow-up visit 1 week after surgery caused me to have to go to the emergency room. My hospital roommate who had surgery with her also was also in the emergency room the same time, 1 week later. She is an alarmist and takes drastic measures first without consultation with the patient even. I was the patient of her and another doctor jointly and all she kept doing was trying to take me away from the other doctor. She does a sloppy surgery resulting in all kinds of complications to which she was very cavalier about saying 'it happens' over and over. When I was diagnosed with cancer, all she did was crack jokes in her office. I want a more serious doctor. She also scheduled a surgery for months later even though the cancer could spread. I was expecting to be scheduled no more than two weeks later. She looked extremely tired and incessantly yawning the morning of the surgery. Overall she gave the impression that she didn't know what she was doing and was looking to get extra surgeries. If you want to live, do not go to this doctor.

scheduling an appointment is ridiculous

Posted on September 18th, 2008

When first given a diagnosis of cancer, I did not want to be told that the doctor would first have to speak to the doctor who referred me. I would then be contacted for an appointment.