Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Diana H Hsu has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 14
This was the first time I went to see Dr. Hsu just for a check up and get a physical done and I made that clear on the phone. Being that I was a new patient I given an appt. for the following month, so I thought "wow, she must be good, she seems booked!" My wait time wasn't long cause no one was there. Let me just say, the secretary is freakin rude & can't even break a smile! The nurse looked so depressed and just wanted to get the day over with...she even handed me the thermometer & told me to take my temp! Then Dr. Hsu comes in & she's somewhat friendly and does smile, and does listen well and writes down what you say, but she's in your face. Now I'm not a big person what so ever, but I'd like to drop some pounds and she told me "you have the obesity gene & you need to see a dietician, ok??" And she's more into giving orders and telling you "follow what I tell you ok?" I told her I feel nauseated sometimes and she diagnosed me w/heartburn, which I don't have. She did not check me out what so ever and basically asked a bunch of questions, ordered a chest x-ray, blood & urine work. It took a while to get the results back, almost 1 week, whereas the normal time, when everything is normal, is about 3 days. After 1 week they still didn't have my x-ray results, so I never bothered to call back. I didn't feel too comfortable with her and I will definitely NOT be going there again. I did not feel them to be too professional nor courteous. I just really DON'T like them. And to top it off, I was telling a friend of mine about her & all of sudden, my friend's eyes get big & mouth drops! It turns out that my friend was referred to her by her insurance [or something] several years ago & she does NOT like her either and had alot of bad things to say about the woman...Dr. Hsu really is in your face, which is not polite. MY friend got married & had kids at an older age [late 30's] & Hsu told her "what's wrong with you? You shouldn't get pregnant, you're old and have a higher risk to have your baby deformed." My friend never went back to her again either....I only chose to go to her cause I read ratings online & she was given reasonable ratings, which really surprises me...anyhow, you can try her, but I wouldn't recommend her.
I've been going to see Dr. Diana Hsu for the past 2 years. She is excellent at listening, taking the time necessary to fully understand the patient's needs. Her staff is professional and friendly. She is only in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but there is another doctor in the office who covers when she is not there. I highly recommend her.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hsu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Diana H Hsu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsImperial Family Medical Group, 12651 Lakewood Blvd, Downey, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Diana H Hsu in this video.
Dr. Diana H Hsu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Downey, CA.