More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Diana McDermott MD, MPH
Dr. Diana McDermott, MD, MPH is a Doctor primarily located in Chalmette, LA, with other offices in New Orleans, LA and Kenner, LA (and 2 other locations). She has 10 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. McDermott is affiliated with Kenner Regional Medical Center, Touro Infirmary and St Tammany Parish Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Diana McDermott has 5 locations
8050 W Judge Perez Dr
Chalmette, LA 70043
Dr. Diana McDermott has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Diana McDermott is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Best Doctor EVER
Self-verified patient of Dr. Diana McDermott - Posted on August 22nd, 2019
malpracting bimbo and rude bastard
Self-verified patient of Dr. Diana McDermott - Posted on March 16th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Diana McDermott - Posted on April 1st, 2015
Don't waste your family's health on this one!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Diana McDermott - Posted on February 20th, 2013
Don't waste your time or your family's health. After the hours you will spend in the waiting room and in the examination room waiting for this doctor you will be exhausted. Not to mention she will only give you five minutes of her time before she dismisses you. Not who you want taking care of you. When a doctor is too busy with interns and rushed the patient, you never get correctly diagnosed.
Dr. McDermott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kenner Regional Medical Center
St Tammany Parish Hospital
West Jefferson Medical Center
10 Years Experience
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Diana McDermott Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Diana McDermott's office for more information.
8050 W Judge Perez Dr Chalmette, LA 70043
2820 Napoleon Ave New Orleans, LA : (504) 412-1366
200 W Esplanade Ave Kenner, LA : (504) 412-1705
3700 Saint Charles Ave New Orleans, LA : (504) 412-1100
1532 Tulane Ave New Orleans, LA : (504) 903-3000
Locations & Directions
Dr. Diana McDermott is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chalmette, LA.