Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Diana Suris has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Diana Suris has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Diana Suris has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Diana Suris is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Suris was one of the attending physicians during my two-day stay at Emerson Hospital for a suspected herniated disc. I had been brought to the hospital in an ambulance because I could not walk; the first doctor who saw me suspected a herniated disc. Dr. Suris, however, kept insisting I had a pulled muscle from something that had happened the day before, even though I told her the pain had been developing over a period of weeks. She got angry with me when she insisted I needed no physical therapy upon release; luckily, a physical therapist checked on me before I was released and would sign my discharge papers until Dr. Suris wrote up a PT referral. (The PT was shocked when she saw me, and told me that Dr. Suri's notes indicated a "back sprain.") To make matters worse, I was in a hospital bed for two days, yet she failed to take preventative measures for DVT, which I developed several days later in my calf. I'd be a dead woman if it weren't for the PT who came to my house and knew the signs ... the PT that Dr. Suris didn't believe I needed. (BTW, Dr. Suris, if you're reading this--it WAS a herniated disc according to the specialists who treated me after you did your damage. Someone with basic first aid skills can tell the difference between a pulled muscle and nerve damage, but what's even scarier is your inability to synthesize a patient history, something you learn the first year in med school.) Dr. Suris was not only incompetent, she was rude to the point that I saw one male nurse roll his eyes at me when she snapped at me after asking a simple question. If I ever get admitted to Emerson Hospital again and see that Dr. Suris is the attending physician on my floor, I will go so far to drag myself out of bed to get away from her. Just awful!
9 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2009
Dr. Diana Suris accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Diana Suris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Concord, MA.