Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Diana R Twiggs has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I've been a patient of Dr. Twiggs for over six years and have had a good relationship with her. Unfortunately I recently asked for a form to be filled out for my insurance company and when calling the office specifically stated that I did not want to be charged for this service. I was told to come into the office and they would fill out the form. They instructed me to be seated in an exam room and then they made a few vital checks and filled out my form. Unfortunately they charged my visit to my insurance company as a physical exam and now the only way for me to actually get a physical exam is to pay a co-pay and there may be additional charges if my insurance refuses to pay for any lab work associated with my real physical. This whole mess could have been avoided if they were up front with me and said yes there is a charge to fill out a form. Absolutely unwilling to take responsibility for giving me incorrect information about filling out a form.
This was a very positive experience and am a little baffled by some of the previous negative reviews. I was received promptly, staff was very accommodating and nice... Dr. Twiggs was friendly, courteous, attentive and listened thoroughly, made direct eye contact, extremely conversant, and professional. I feel that I am in very good hands and looking forward to seeing her again.
MY HUSBAND HAD AN APPT. HE IS IN HIS 70S. HE DID NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THE OFFICE PEOPLE WANTED OF HIM ON HIS PAPERWORK. THEY TOLD HIM THEY DID NOT TAKE AN INSURANCE AND WANTED HIM TO SIGN A PAPER. HE WOULD NOT SIGN AND LEFT WITHOUT SEEING ANYONE. THE OFFICE PUT OUT A NOTICE TO OTHER BAPTIST PROVIDERS TO NOT SEE HIM AS A PATIENT. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. NOT GOOD WITH ELDERLY.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
21 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Halifax Medical Center
Dr. Diana R Twiggs accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBaptist Primary Care-Fernandina Beach, 1888 S 14th St, Fernandina Beach, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Diana R Twiggs in this video.
Dr. Diana R Twiggs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fernandina Beach, FL.