Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Diana E Velikova has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 12
After moving to WA from across the country, I needed to find a general care doctor. Dr. Velikova has been so wonderful and having a doctor like her is refreshing. Wait time is a little long, but she takes all the time she needs with you in the examining room to address all of your needs. She is great with follow-up after appointments as well. Her nursing staff and staff at the front desk is the most helpful and friendly I have ever experienced at a doctor's office. I would highly recommend Dr. Velikova to anyone!
dr velikova has been my dr. since i was diagnosed w/copd 8 yrs ago. not only is she a great dr.she is a very special caring person.she always listened and TOOK ALL THE TIME NEEDED TO TAKE CARE OF A PATIENT! BECUSE SHE REFUSED TO LIMIT HER PATIENT TIME TO 15 MIN. PER PATIENT , AS OLYMPIC PHYSICIANS MANAGEMENT DEMANDED, SHE IS NO LONGER AT OLYMPIC PHYSICIANS, SHELTON, WA.thank you dr v for all the great care you gave me!!!!
The wait time can be awhile but she takes the time to attend to your concerns.Not always looking at her back as she hurrys out the door. Have over heard other patients making similar comments. Sometimes I can get an appointment that day.Other times it might be a week. Also,her current nurse ReNe'e and the front desk staff,Loretta and Melissa, are very helpful,courteous,and friendly. Sure like giving Loretta a hard time.But she knows how to give it back.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Pinnacle Health System
Dr. Diana E Velikova accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsProvidence Hawks Prairie Internal Medicine, 2555 Marvin Rd NE, Lacey, WA
Dr. Diana E Velikova is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lacey, WA.