Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Diane R Counce has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 70
Dr. Counce is by far the best doctor I have ever been to. Everyone in the office works hard. Her nurse, Shonda, is amazing. I know that when I contact her or go in that I will receive the best care. I've been to many doctors in various states, and even though I no longer live in the area I still see her. I've lived in four different states since my first visit. She is worth the 6+ hour drive. At times, I may have to wait, but that is no different than any doctor I've ever been to.
When I first starting going to Dr. Counce 5-6 years ago you could get an appointment and she seemed invested in her patients. Now even if you have an appointment you wait 1-2 hours before you see the physician. When I schedule my follow up, unless it is for a Botox injection I have to emphatically state that I would like my follow up with the physician otherwise my follow up is with the NP which I would not mind but I want continuity of care. During my appointment now Dr. Counce seems rushed and less invested in my migraines and helping me determine why they are continuing.
Yes, I had my mom come to see Dr. Counce. I did not like her nurse practitioner and she got another one, who we really liked, but I have been told she has another. We prefer to see Dr. Counce and no one else. You wait time can be long in the office, but she gives everyone attention and does not look and run off as dome doctors do.
22 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Diane R Counce accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsDiane R Counce Md, 1000 Southlake Park Ste 200, Birmingham, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Diane R Counce in this video.
Dr. Diane R Counce is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.