Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Diane M Davidson MD
Dr. Diane M Davidson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Groton, CT. She has 39 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics and Dermatology. She speaks English.
Dr. Diane M Davidson has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Diane M Davidson has the following 12 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
Dr. Diane M Davidson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Misdiagnosed Lyme Disease
Self-verified patient of Dr. Diane M Davidson - Posted on November 8th, 2012
Misdiagnosed Lyme disease rash and refused previously promised treatment when I made a follow-up call to complain of fever, joint pain, vertigo on the basis that Lyme was an "arthritic disease" and she doesn't treat that. Her office staff told me to drive to work/lab while under the influence of a sedative. PCP diagnosed me with Lyme.
39 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Diane M Davidson Accepts the Following Insurance
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
Locations & DirectionsEASTERN CONNECTICUT DERMATOLOGY, 491 Gold Star Hwy Ste 310, Groton, CT
Dr. Diane M Davidson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Groton, CT.