Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Diane R Edwards has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Diane R Edwards has the following 6 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Cerebral Palsy
Dr. Diane R Edwards has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
Our pediatrician kept insisting that we go through Diane. While on a waiting list for Denver children's hospital we decided to go ahead with it. She comes down to cheyenne in a small office once a month, our scheduled appointment was at 10:45 am. I show up a little early and wait, at 11:15 Diane comes out of her office and says it will be about 15 more mins. I was finally seen by her assistant for questions at 12. Since Diane needed to go to lunch and had a scheduled appointment at 12:45 she asked if I could come back at 3pm to finish the appointment . She explained the reason they were so behind is because the first appointment arrived an hour late. I never went back and the whole thing was a total waste of time, I have not heard anything from her or her office since. How can someone diagnose my child when they only see them one hour a month anyway.
While Dr. Edwards and her staff are very kind, we were very disappointed with our experience. We drove 2.5 hours (one-way) to get to her clinic and with both visits we waited over 15 minutes past our scheduled time to be seen. In addition after filling out over 20 pages of paperwork including screening tests and accumulating records from past doctors, caregivers, etc. we received ONLY 2 pages of report information. The report was unclear and sparse at best. One of the screenings given is one that usually given AFTER a autistic diagnosis which our son has not received yet. After insurance and everything we have paid over $800 out of pocket for no help really and will have to drive to Denver (6 hour drive one way) to find a better doctor.
28 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. Diane R Edwards accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDevelopmental Pediatrics, 915 S David St, Casper, WY
Dr. Diane R Edwards is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Casper, WY.