Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Diane M Georgeson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Diane M Georgeson has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
Dr. Diane M Georgeson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Diane M Georgeson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I would highly recommend Dr. Georgeson. She is a new doctor at Ob-Gyn of Ithaca. She oversaw the last few weeks of my pregnancy and was the OB on call when I delivered. I was attempting a VBAC; she guided me through my birth plan with respect and the support more reminiscent of a doula. However, she had the intuition to read very subtle signs and the command to take charge when it became necessary. She urged me to elect a c-section after some time in labor because she felt it was the safest option at that moment, without alarm or condescension. At that very moment I suffered a uterine rupture. Her knowledge, attentiveness, great bedside manner and surgical skills got us to the OR without delay and through a C-Section that I feel would have resulted in the death of both me and my baby had any of those qualities been absent from my doctor. Ithaca has gained a real asset to its medical community in Dr. Georgeson.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
35 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Dr. Diane M Georgeson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Diane M Georgeson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oneonta, NY.