Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Diane L Mullins MD
Dr. Diane L Mullins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Asheville, NC. She has 32 years of experience. Her specialties include Pathology and Dermatopathology. Dr. Mullins is affiliated with Mission Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Diane L Mullins has the following 2 specialties
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
Dr. Diane L Mullins has the following 4 expertise
- Tissue Biopsy
- Fluid Testing
- Blood Testing
- Uterine Cancer (Uterine Cervical Neoplasm)
Dr. Mullins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Diane L Mullins Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Diane L Mullins's office for more information.
509 Biltmore Ave Asheville, NC : (828) 253-0763
Locations & DirectionsPML PATHOLOGY, 509 Biltmore Ave, Asheville, NC
Dr. Diane L Mullins is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Asheville, NC.