Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Diane M Stein has the following 3 specialties
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Seizure Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Genetic Disorders (Inborn Genetic Diseases)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
My daughter has been a patient of Dr Steind for over 6 years for various medical challenges. Dr Stein has gone above and beyond To help us get my daughter the correct diagnosis and treatments. The other day , after the ER dr consulted with Dr Stein about my daughter, he came back into our room and said " Dr Stein is great, you are lucky to have her".
My daughter has been a patient under Dr. Stein's care for five years since aging out of the CHOC system. After 20 years of searching (by four major So Cal pediatric epilepsy teams), Dr. Stein correctly diagnosed my daughter with a rare epilepsy syndrome (which was subsequently verified by genetic testing). Having an accurate diagnoses after twenty years was powerful knowledge, which set us on a path to a much safer treatment plan for seizure control and quality of life. We are forever grateful.
Dr. Stein is a nice lady but Brad the office guy is on crack and never stops talking. I don't know what his qualifications are but he blurts out diagnosis and med prescriptions as if he's the doc and this is before you have a diagnosis from the doc. Also the staff there for some reason can't get it together and can be rude. Also stein is behind the times when it comes to epilepsy treatments and just pushes toxic meds.
Love Dr Stein!
St Mary Medical Center
Dr. Diane M Stein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Diane M Stein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Irvine, CA.