Dr. Diane Thaler Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Diane Thaler?

Scared for Life

Posted on November 27th, 2017

Went to Dr. Thaler to check growths on face, she applied liquid

Posted on September 27th, 2017

Wasn't impressed with my first appointment with Dr. Thaler. I left the office not feeling confident in treatment or our discussion together. I didn't think she was kind to her new nurse either. I was given a prescription and after a few days had a reaction. I called the office and never received a call back. There are no other derm doctors in Sturgeon Bay that I know of; so my only other choice is Green Bay. Not inclined to return to Dr, Thaler. I was more than surprised at the billing rates; which is my fault for not asking first.

JD

Posted on June 22nd, 2015

Failure to find the dermatological problem two times. Over charged insurance company for actions taken. Please do not use this physician!!!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are concerned that you were unhappy with your experience. We strive to always provide the best possible service to our patients and we are concerned whenever that does not happen. We would like to discuss this further. The privacy of our patients is extremely important and thus we cannot discuss specific medical information online. Please contact us at 855-535-7175.

No tact, extreme

Posted on May 1st, 2014

While the facility is clean and nice and the staff is kind, Dr. Thaler does not get a good grade from me. My 8 year old son went there today with a red patch on his skin. She diagnosed it as Lichen NItidus and gave him a cream to help with the irritation. She then asked if he has any allergies to which the reply was no. When my son cutely responded that his cousin has asthma, she then eagerly asked if my son ever has a cough at night. The response was "only when he has a cold, but it goes away." She then adamantly said, in front of my son, "he has asthma". She went on to then say, "is it a cough from H-E-L-L?" (My son can obviously spell and knew what she was spelling.) She also asked, "does he get tired when he is exercising, because there is exercise asthma...?" Of course, my son said that he gets tired sometimes (he plays basketball, football, baseball, soccer, rock climbing, swimming without problems). She again said that he has asthma. How infuriating. I am a respiratory therapist and know full well that my son does not have asthma. She is not a pulmonologist nor a general practitioner. She is a dermatologist and should not speak about things she does not practice. She certainly should not diagnose him as having asthma without any clinical check of his airway. It's absurd. A few years ago, I went to this same dermatologist for a skin tag on my shoulder. Ultimately, after talking to her about the fact that I have a blemish on my face roughly every month that lasts a long time, she plainly told me I need Accutane. I was confused sitting there on the exam table. The very second Dr. Thaler left the room, the nurse immediately turned to me to say, "DON'T get that treatment. You do NOT need it." Thank God she was there to advise me. I did a ton of research later about the treatment and learned that it is for people with severe acne--something I didn't come close to having and that the treatment has some pretty ugly COMMON side effects. This doctor seems to be very extreme and has no tact.

Patient

Posted on October 16th, 2012

Has resolved issues for each visit. Pleasant personality. Gets the job done.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for leaving your positive review. We appreciate it.

Posted on September 26th, 2017