Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Diego H Aviles
Dr. Diego H Aviles, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Orleans, LA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Nephrology, Nephrology and Pediatrics. Dr. Aviles is affiliated with Holmes County Hospital and Ochsner Medical Center North Shore. Dr. Aviles has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Diego H Aviles has the following 3 specialties
- Pediatric Nephrology
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.<br>A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Diego H Aviles has the following 8 expertise
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
Dr. Diego H Aviles is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Diego H Aviles - Posted on April 5th, 2012
Dr. Aviles has been my child's specialist for about 3 years. He has always been very thorough and precise. Due to the medications my child takes for his kidney disorder, we frequently have to get other prescribed medicines approved with Dr. Aviles. When I called children's to have Dr. Aviles contact me, he called me back within moments. He was very kind and concerned about mixing various meds with his kidney meds. He encouraged me to call him anytime we had questions or concerns. He has also taken extra time to double-check things to make sure he's not missing something else that may possibly be affecting my child's health. Overall, we have been very satisfied with this doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Diego H Aviles - Posted on August 26th, 2011
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Aviles is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Diego H Aviles accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCHILDRENS HOSPITAL, 200 Henry Clay Ave, New Orleans, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Diego H Aviles, MD - Nephrology in New Orleans, LA, in this video.
Dr. Diego H Aviles is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.