Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Diego F Ferro has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Diego F Ferro has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Diego F Ferro is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Be your own advocate!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Diego F Ferro - Posted on May 24th, 2018
I became a patient of Dr. Ferro when Dr Spracher retired. When I actually see the Dr, he is kind and attentive. The office staff is HORRIBLE! If I need something like a referral, I have to remind them over and over until they finally get me one, if I need a prescription refill, I have to remind them, if I have a test done, I always have to call them to see what the results were, if I need an appointment its like I'm bothering them! When I finally get there, the wait is hours!! They seriously need to get someone that is friendly and on top of things in that office! Im looking for a new Dr now!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Diego F Ferro - Posted on October 28th, 2016
I was recommended by a co-worker to go see Dr. Ferro when my insurance changed. Dr. Ferro is very considerate, patient and explains in detail any type of situation. On the 1st day I saw him he spent over 1/2 hour with me going over blood results. I had an ultra sound completed and was surprised that he read it before I was in to see him. The only thing I don't like is the wait time. It was/is ridiculous !! I had an appointment @ 2:10 and wasn't seen until 3:20. The female staff is non-customer service/unfriendly. They have their noses in what ever they are doing. A better staff would be an improvement along with timing of appointments made. I have not decided if I am going to continue my service with them.
If you have all the time in the world don't go!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Diego F Ferro - Posted on December 28th, 2015
Wait time was ridiculous. They said they had to squeeze me in because I was a new patient. Yet I had a scheduled appointment. Never followed up with me on blood work. I was given medication that I was allergic to and it took them the whole day, literally 7 hours + to tell pharmacist new script. Bad thing it was the pharmacist who caught the wrong order and he had called the previous day to let doctor know about it. Never will go back again . Office needs a good manager.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Diego F Ferro - Posted on May 29th, 2015
16 Years Experience
Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana
Graduated in 2002
San Joaquin General Hospital
Dr. Diego F Ferro Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCALIFORNIA PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL GROUP, 420 W Acacia St Ste 6, Stockton, CA
Dr. Diego F Ferro is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Stockton, CA.