Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dietmar Gann
Dr. Dietmar Gann, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tucson, AZ. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gann is affiliated with Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital & Health Center. Dr. Gann has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Dietmar Gann has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Weight Loss
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Stress Echocardiography
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 147
Was referred to DoH for nutritionist help with diabetic peripheral neuropathy after having lost about 20 pounds in weight. Nutritionist showed no interest in my condition and did not listen to my concerns, but just proffered a pre-packaged weight loss program similar to the Atkins diet (high protein, low carb). Before accepting the nutritionist services I asked how much it would cost me, and was told that there would be no out-of-pocket cost to me; that Medicare insurance would cover all costs (as stated in the Medicare Handbook). But I was sent a bill for physician services instead of nutritionist services. When I sent a letter pointing out the mistake this was ignored and I received another bill with threats. I did not find DoH to be a helping, caring operation.
Just completed the six weeks and lost 25 lbs. I only cheated once when going to a holiday party. I had 2 glasses of wine, which caused me to gain weight for 2 days...otherwise, I lost a pound per day to begin with, then it slowed to 1/2 lb. per day, and now I am losing a pound every 3rd day.. I will need to stay on this same first 6 weeks diet for a while longer...so it is getting harder to be enthused. I want to expand my eating options, but I now know I will immediately gain weight if I cheat and it will take me longer to get where I need to be. I ran into a lady that lost 80 lbs, on this diet and gained it all back plus some....don't want that to happen to me! I will end up being a slave to this diet and no longer be able to have a cinnamon roll or chips and salsa without consequences.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Gann is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
51 Years Experience
University Of Tubingen
Graduated in 1967
Tucson Medical Center
Dr. Dietmar Gann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDietmar Gann Md, 50 E Croydon Park Rd, Tucson, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dietmar Gann in this video.
Dr. Dietmar Gann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.