Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dietrich Blumer
Dr. Dietrich Blumer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Memphis, TN, with other offices in Germantown, TN and Memphis, TN . He has 58 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Blumer is affiliated with Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis, Nea Medical Center and Baptist East. He speaks English.
Dr. Dietrich Blumer has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Blumer was truly outstanding. He scaled his caseload down in order to concentrate on treating patients with epilepsy. Compared to other psychiatrists in our community, Dr. Blumer was the best. He really listens. Incidentally, Dr. Blumer is the world's leading authority on the mental illness of Vincent Van Gough. The 1st time we met, he shared with me his home telephone number. I think I called him at home 3 to 4 times, briefly, for help calling in a prescription. Dr. Blumer is first-rate.
Dr. Blumer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis
Nea Medical Center
Nea Medical Center
58 Years Experience
Graduated in 1955
Dr. Dietrich Blumer accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Dietrich Blumer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.