Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dina Jacobs
Dr. Dina Jacobs, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with another office in Philadelphia, PA. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology. Dr. Jacobs is affiliated with University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian, Graduate Hospital and Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System. She speaks English.
Dr. Dina Jacobs has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I was a healthy active 40 something until i was knocked off my feet with mysterious debilatating illnesses. I had spent months in and out of the hospital with all kinds of bizarre, and often acute symptoms. I was tested for every disease known to man. Up to that point everything pointed to MS. I just needed SOMEONE to at least help me manage the problems I was having. (Severe chronic pain, neurogenic bladder, vertigo, off the charts fatigue,etc) They were destroying my life. The problem was, my mri's came back normal. Through much research I have learned that MS sometimes works this way. I waited 6 months to see Dr Jacobs, but was so hopeful that she was the one that could help me. She did not. Nor did she offer any hope, help, direction... Nothing. I sat in her office crying as I told her my entire life was slipping away, and begged her to help me. She never even looked up from ( WHATEVER) she was writing & with not one ounce of compassion she said 'we'll redo the mri's in 6 months. ' That was that. When I asked her if she had any idea what was causing all of these problems, including my bladder completely shutting down, she said' sometimes things just happen'. It was a horrible experience and I will never go back to someone who could be so cold. PS. I have since been diagnosed and am being treated by docs who care.
Dr. Jacobs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Hospital of the University of PA
Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania
17 Years Experience
University of Pennsylvania
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Dina Jacobs accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dina Jacobs in this video.
Dr. Dina Jacobs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.