Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dineshi L Liyanage has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Dineshi L Liyanage is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
A year prior, Dr. Dineshi Liyanage had the difficult task to explain palliative care to the family. It is not a topic that was well received. She presented it with such professionalism. The initial reaction was defensive and met with hostility but Dr. Liyanage continued to be as understanding and courteous. She informed us of our options, gave step by step details of what was to come and at each point, asked if we understood or had questions while making sure not to agitate her patient. Her demeanor remained the same when she had to deliver the same conversation a year later. Only this time, we could appreciate her position so much more. We were ready for what she had to say and her supportive nature was met with an openness that was not there a year ago. We do not know how we would have managed through these hard times without her. The knowledge and ability to have such a difficult discussion while delivering such sad information takes a special kind of person.
- Mcgill University
Mcgill University Health Centre
Dr. Dineshi L Liyanage accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsClovis Community Medical Center, 2755 Herndon Ave, Clovis, CA
Dr. Dineshi L Liyanage is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clovis, CA.