Dr. Dino Kanelos Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Dino Kanelos?

Posted on September 24th, 2016

Dr. Kanelos is a caring concerned family physician. He listens to your health care questions & is there for you if you need to speak with him on the phone.

Best Doctor, hands down!

Posted on June 4th, 2015

Absolutely LOVE this office! Very thorough and they actually take the time to spend with you! These physicians run tests that MMG does not. I will never go anywhere else. So thankful I found Carolina Family Healthcare

Best Doctors Office

Posted on January 13th, 2015

I have been to numerous doctors office in the Charlotte area trying to find the "right one". Well I found it. I have been a patient at Carolina Family Healthcare for the past few years and have always had great experiences. Dr. Dino really listens and makes me feel like he cares about me as a person. I have seen his PA's too and they are all very knowledgable too. After my first visit with Dr. Dino I switch my family over to this practice from a novant facility. We were used to having to wait forever for appointments and not getting return calls for days, all issues I no longer have now that I am a patient at Carolina Family Healthcare.

Horrible

Posted on August 1st, 2014

My first appointment with Dr. Kanelos was to discuss a new medical problem that was causing me significant distress. I told him that I had been previously healthy and would even characterize myself as athletic prior to these symptoms. I said I had a sudden onset of disabling symptoms and that I was very afraid there was something very wrong. His first response was to be dismissive of my symptoms. He didn't even want to listen. Then I asked him specific questions to press him a bit. He was not able to answer some very basic questions and some answers he gave were just plain incorrect. Then I asked about some possible treatments to alleviate symptoms. He went on to say that he doesn't like to treat my specific problem and he didn't want to be stuck with a whole bunch of patients like me. At this point, I thought he might refer me out to another doctor or specialist who would want to take care of patients like me. Instead, he gave me some pointless advice about lifestyle modification and sent me home. he never ran a single test. I left in tears. I saw another doctor two weeks later. He ran a whole battery of tests and imaging studies. He ruled out some of the things I was worried about and also diagnosed me with two conditions based on my test results. In short, Dr. Kanelos was very dismissive of me and my concerns. He pretended to know everything and then failed to diagnose me properly. The entire ordeal was insulting and quite scary. Important note: This review does not apply to some of the other lovely people who also work in this group, ie PA's, NP's, nursing staff, etc.

STAY AWAY FROM KANELOS

Posted on October 10th, 2013

Well after many problems with this office, I have now been "dismissed" from the practice with the reason being "a recent communication through their patient portal" Let me tell you what the communication was about. I had a full physical with PA. Christopher Jenny. During which I told him that the Ambien he had previously prescribed caused a "zombie like" feeling the next morning. I take care of my 11 month old on the regular by myself, and do not want to be in any kind of "off" mental state. This was a lengthy discussion about the Ambien, during which I told him I did not want to take it anymore, and asked if we could peruse different options, that would not have such a lingering side effect, as I did have trouble sleeping. He replied, to take more of my prescribed benzodiazapam to help fall asleep as needed, and to follow up if I needed something else. About a week passed and I messaged him via their patient portal. Stating my concern that I was using too much of my benzo, and that I would need something else, or more to compensate for my lack of sleep. His response almost 48 hours later (even though their website clearly states that messages would be returned within 24 hours) informed me that he had called in a prescription of Ambien for me at my local pharmacy. Ok....did I imagine that whole appointment....and conversation about how I DON'T WANT TO BE ON AMBIEN. Well in response I expressed my concern over the lack of note taking and listening/attentiveness during my last appointment and that I was concerned about that. It is a little disheartening to learn the person who is supposed to be caring for your well being obviously had no idea, or didn't care enough to look at my chart or even take notes in the first place. I am an EMT, i know the importance of patient history, and it is clear that Carolina Family Healthcare has zero concept of that. I was also approached during my last visit about my negative review about the practice, The office manager asked me to stay after my appointment to talk. I explained that everything I wrote in my previous review I still felt true, and that the reason I even came back after they screwed up one of my wife's appointments, as well as scheduling my then 6 month old while the office was at lunch leaving us standing in the rain, was to give them a second chance. Well it wasn't until I removed my more positive re-review of the practice after my terrible experience with PA Jenny that I received my certified letter informing me that I would no longer be treated at their practice. The kick is that it was signed by Dr. Kanelos, who never even had talked to me or approached me about anything. I have never even seen the man in real life, but he dismissed me from the practice. I believe this has a lot to do with my Yelp review. Although I may be harsh with my reviews, I tell the truth, and have not lied about a single thing written here. I will spread the word of the complete lack of professionalism, as well as the dismissal based on a yelp review. I do not believe questioning why I was prescribed Ambien, after telling them I don't want to take it would get me dismissed during the middle of a new prescription plan, leaving me to find a brand new doctor and office to try and continue what has been prescribed. Good luck dealing with this office, and good riddance. They lost 3 patients because of this already within my household and as many more as I can spread the word to.

Posted on November 2nd, 2017