Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dinshah D Gagrat has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. GaGrat is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. He is an excellent doctor. (The reason that he gets low scores for promptness is that he doesn't rush his patients and truly listens to them. I strongly believe it's worth the wait to see him. I just figure he'll be running late and plan accordingly.)
he was the only one to correctly diagnose me as bipolar. I went years of being treated for depression, and I wasn't getting the help I deserved. finally I got into dr gagrat and he saved my life!! I only have positive things to say about him. He helped me tons with my eating disorder too. I LOVE dr gagrat
He is focused on the patient's needs. When my insurer declined coverage for a med he was upset and immediately wrote an appeal letter to the insurer, without my asking him to do so. Easy to talk with, and stays current on Rx and over the counter med options. I don't think I could have found a better Dr for my situation.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012, 2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Gagrat is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
University Of Mumbai
Graduated in 1969
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Dinshah D Gagrat accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPsychiatric Consultants & Therapists SC, 229 E Wisconsin Ave Ste 600, Milwaukee, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dinshah D Gagrat in this video.
Dr. Dinshah D Gagrat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.